When I began blogging professionally several months ago, I knew that part of the gig would include social media engagement.
You guys. Those words kind of make me cringe. I want to write content and be done. I don't want to promote my latest post on my Insta account because a) that's awkward, b) I'm old school, and c) I have no clue what I'm doing. But did you know that the average person spends two hours a day scrolling through feeds? Managed correctly, that's a ton of publicity and engagement!
When my friend, Nichole Hughes, told me about the social media management business that she started with her sister, Laynie Snider, I was immediately intrigued. Companies need to be promoted via social media in order to draw more clients and keep their current ones satisfied. (You can thank millennials like me for that one.) However, updating Facebook is often too much for an eye doctor, for example, whose full-time job is to take care of eyes. Laynie and Nichole actually enjoy scheduling posts and moderating comments, which frees entrepreneurs and established businesspeople alike to focus on their careers. It's a win-win situation because both parties get to pursue their talents and passions.
Why work with these two coffee lovers? Several years ago, Laynie opened Blo, OKC’s first blo-out-bar, in Classen Curve. As the former owner of Blo, Laynie used social media exclusively for marketing, which quickly grew a large following in the community. Braids, big hair, brides, blush, and beauty products (alliteration intentional!) filled Blo’s Instagram feed. Blo’s exposure and profits through social media drove them to become a leader in the OKC beauty industry. Laynie saw an opportunity and had the desire to partner with other local businesses to recreate the success she had initiated at Blo. She knew that she would need help, and it made sense to ask the best friend who grew up with her in south OKC: Nichole, her identical twin sister (born four years earlier).
Though I don't know Laynie personally, Nichole has been a sweet friend for years. I can only imagine that since Laynie is so much like her sister, she's a tough and hilarious go-getter with wisdom beyond her years and a genuine love for people. These extroverted girl bosses have six small children between the two of them, but they still manage to work hard for their clients, care well for their families, and look perfect while doing it all. (I mean seriously, have you seen two more attractive brunettes?) The fun, yet professional personalities of these ladies makes them a joy to have as friends and a dream to employ. And let's be honest, they don't need me showcasing them on my blog because we've already discussed who knows what they're doing in this situation, but hey ... I like writing about gifted people.
At this point, you may be asking, "Who is Social Butterfly for?" Everyone! It doesn't matter if your company has one employee or 700, Social Butterfly can help grow your business. Services they offer include:
- Daily Posting: Seize the day every day because they post for you!
- Social Media Strategizing: They help you decide what your pages will look like and how the layout and theme will best reflect the values that your business has.
- Brand Engagement: Grow real followers, not robots!
- Community Management: Social Butterfly responds to the comments and questions of your audience. Check that off your to-do list!
- Content Calendar Creation: "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." Nichole and Laynie do content creation and planning for you so that failure is not an option. All of the next month's posts will be submitted for your review and approval 10-12 days in advance.
- Media Management Flexibility: Since Laynie and Nichole have been business owners themselves at one point or another, they know that needs vary depending upon the size and stage of the company. So, they're willing to work with you and devise a plan that pleases everyone!